23 Apr TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM LISA KOOL
RE: Regulatory Amendment to Ontario Regulation 26/10 – Training and Testing
The purpose of this memo is to advise you that the Private Security and Investigative Services Branch (PSISB) has posted a Regulatory amendment to Ontario Regulation 26/10 – Training and Testing on Ontario’s Regulatory Registry. As you know, mandatory training and testing for the private security industry came into effect on April 15, 2010, and since that time all new security guard and private investigator applicants are required to have successfully completed basic training and pass the ministry’s basic test prior to applying for a licence.
Ontario’s Regulatory Registry is a source for information on:
· New proposed regulatory initiatives that could affect Ontario businesses, and
· Recently approved regulations that affect business.
The amendment to Ontario Regulation 26/10 – Training and Testing will include the following changes:
· Applicants who have valid First Aid/CPR certification will no longer be required to retake First Aid/CPR training and certification as a component of the Ministry mandated basic training for Security Guards.
o Note: Applicants who have valid first aid/CPR certification will be required to provide proof of certification to the Ministry’s procured test vendor to write the Ministry mandated test.
· Change of the term “Curriculum” to “Syllabus” in the training materials for security guards and private investigators.
· Clarification with regards to “online training” in the Training Syllabus for Security Guards and Private Investigators.
· Training Entities that are licensed agencies under the Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005 (PSISA) will be required to provide a training completion certificate to all students who have successfully completed training for security guards and/or private investigators.
Additional information pertaining to the Regulatory amendment can be found on the Ontario Regulatory Registry.
If you have any other questions relating to the Ministry’s Basic Training & Testing Program please send your inquiry to the Branch c/o PSIS.PrivateSecurity@ontario.ca.
Private Security and Investigative Services Branch